Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:50:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      nakagawa@jp.FreeBSD.org
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i386/8638: cpu_power_down() is dirty

>Number:         8638
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       cpu_power_down() is dirty
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
It should be halt only when "shutdown -h", and be use another option for
power-control, like "-x".

cpu_power_down() is dirty, if you want power-control, should be use "halt -p".
My patch's scheme is machine-arch independ, and support "multi" power-control
mechanism. (ex: APM 1.1, UPS, ... if driver exist)

If you want to add new power-control mechanism, register power-control "func" using
 "at_shutdown(func, NULL, SHUTDOWN_POWER_OFF);". Don't need to change shutdown
command.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
patch available: