Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 07:03:01 -0800
From:      joe <joe@sotham.com>(by way of joe <joe@sotham.com>)
To:        "f-q" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Migrating from Mandrake to FreeBSD 4.4

I've migrated my server from mandrake 8.1 to FreeBSD. (Migrating may a
slightly strong description..._starting over with_ is more apt description)

Two physical disks exist - ad0, ad1.  I installed the system, on ad0, and was
up and running with the system within two hours. For the last two days I have
been pondering (...reading documentation, man pages) how
to mount the second set of partitions as file systems without wacking the
data on these drives.  I am a complete loss as to how to proceed.

Here's the output from fdisk ad1

The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 5,(Extended DOS)
    start 63, size 15807897 (7718 Meg), flag 80 (active)
	beg: cyl 0/ head 1/ sector 1;
	end: cyl 983/ head 254/ sector 63
The data for partition 2 is:
sysid 131,(Linux filesystem)
    start 15807960, size 24065370 (11750 Meg), flag 0
	beg: cyl 984/ head 0/ sector 1;
	end: cyl 1023/ head 254/ sector 63

- Joe

ps.  my first post of this message seems to have gone into the ether...