Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:40:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stopping the bloody cross posting.

Dag-Erling Coidan [Sm_rgrav] once stated:

=If I got only one copy of every mail sent to several lists instead of
=one copy for every list I'm on, it would totally screw up threading and
=sorting.

That's because your threading, sorting, and archiving was implemented
when the mailing list software was not as smart as easily possible.
It still is not, btw, but if it suddenly becomes you'll have to
review your scripts. Besides, as noted by others, you can subscribe
different aliases to different mailing lists and keep your current
setups.

	-mi