Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:35:56 -0600
From:      "Korey Pelton" <peltkore@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   probing for devices freezes on install

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a Celeron 333 with a ProComp motherboard, and I kept
the same video card, sound card, modem, hard drives, floppy drive, and cdrom
drive.  Now, when I try to install FreeBSD 4.6 on the new computer, it
stalls permanently at the initial blue screen that is labeled "probing for
devices".  Is my motherboard not compatible with FreeBSD?  Now I am running
linux, which installed without a hitch.  Am I stuck running Linux?  I REALLY
miss FreeBSD.

I look forward to any suggestions,

Korey Pelton