Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:50:48 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Lint^^ <lint@satan.dyn.reject.org>, C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make: don't know how to make dwarf1.c. Stop

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <396612B5.2905C028@3-cities.com> Kent Stewart writes:
> : I can do a buildworld now but it dies making the new kernel with
> :
> : cc -c -x assembler-with-cpp -DLOCORE -O -Wall -Wredundant-decls
> : -Wnested-externs
> :  -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
> : -Wcast-qual
> :  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../..
> : -I../../../include  -D_KER
> : NEL -include opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
> : ../../i386/i386/bio
> : scall.s
> : /tmp/ccb26172.s: Assembler messages:
> : /tmp/ccb26172.s:773: Error: operands given don't match any known 386
> : instruction
> : /tmp/ccb26172.s:838: Error: operands given don't match any known 386
> : instruction
> : *** Error code 1
> :
> : Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/OPAL.
>
> How are you building the new kernel?  If it isn't with make
> buildkernel KERNEL=OPAL, it isn't supported :-)

In making a 4.0-Stable kernel, is the KERNEL case sensitive? I don't
have email on my test machine and started the buildkernel using
kernel=OPAL. I assume that I also have to do an installkernel when it
finishes.

Also, does it matter when the installworld occurs. In the past, I got
started installing the kernel and booting to single user mode to
install the world.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg