Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:20:12 -0400
From:      Darek M <darek@nyi.net>
To:        Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@wlink.com.np>
Cc:        Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Integrating Postfix +  Amavisd-new + Clamav + DSpam + DBmail

Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:
> Since I am very new to database terminology, how scalable is a
> database in terms of the data storage size. I mean suppose, we have
> 20000 users each with a quota of 1 GB. What will eventually happen if
> they all used up their quotas. That will be about 20 TB in size!!
>
> Thanking you...

You should also consider that DSPAM, fully trained, can grow very
large.  I use a single username for a dozen email boxes, and the
database is 3.5GB.  Though you can trim it by dropping tokens that
aren't as accurate, or aren't as frequently used, it could still become
big, especially with a lot of users.