Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 20:38:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 951104-SNAP install report

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'm looking into it now..
>
> Still, I think you missed my original point.  You said:
> 	"It dies"
> I ask:
> 	"Can you tell me which steps you took which led to the death?"
> You replied:
> 	"I do an FTP.  It packs up."

	jordan, they were two different, separate and distinct cases.
the first one was extremely sparse on data.  i had left the room and
returned to the machine dead.  ;((   figured it was the slooooow ftp and
reported it with the very little data i had.

> Can you see how my solicitation for more information went kind of
> unheeded there? :-) Seriously, when I ask for more info I *really
> need* more info or your problem report ends up getting filed to
> /dev/null.
>
> Fortunately, your second reported problem was more detailed and
> actually gave me something to work on.. :-)

	this time i had more data to provide  ;)))  i can reproduce this
at will.  if you have any questions or want me to test any floppies, i
will have to scrounge another disk.  (the other one is on its way to
being comfigured for the customer)

> 					Jordan

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346