Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:46:16 +0200
From:      Sasa Stupar <sasa@stupar.homelinux.net>
To:        FreeBSD Q ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Speed question

--==========4F13EE9B36E8C6F4E664==========

Hi!

I have on my LAN a server FBSD 5.4 on DMZ. The router is made of linux (yes =

I'll change it to FBSD ASAP) with 3 NIC: eth0 (inet), eth1 (LAN), eth2=20
(DMZ).
Strange thing is that when server is on DMZ and I access it from the LAN=20
with ftp client my transfer speed is 30 Mbit/s. The network itself is 100=20
Mbit. BUT if I move server from LAN to DMZ I have the max speed arround 100 =

Mbit/s.
BTW: server in DMZ is connected directly to the NIC on router and on the=20
LAN side I have all users connected on one switch which is connected to the =

router.

Is this normall for all kinds of routers (linux, bsd, etc.) with setup like =

mine to behave like this or is it just my router setup?

Regards,
Sasa
--==========4F13EE9B36E8C6F4E664==========

--==========4F13EE9B36E8C6F4E664==========--