Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:31:57 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Jonathan Yu1 <jonyu@shaw.wave.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some questions regarding mySQL (A DBMS)

On Wed, 07 Oct 1998 at 09:45 SAT, Jonathan Yu1 wrote:

>      I want to know where I can find the newest version of mySQL for
> freeBSD 2.2.7 or any other versions that will work on freeBSD.  I
> checked the site www.tcx.se which is the home page for mySQL and found
> most of the bineries to be written for other systems such as Solaris.
> Do you know what I should do?  My current version is mySQL 3.21.29g
> which is the one I found on the CDs.  And it has many problems.

MySQL is in the FreeBSD ports database.  If you don't know how to use the
ports, then read the relevant section in the handbook.  The short-short
version (which assumes that you have everything installed that you need) is:

cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql ; make install

Alternatively, download the package from:
  http://www.freebsd.org/ports/databases.html

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878