Date:      21 Sep 2000 00:50:09 +0200
From:      Sebastian Strollo <seb@bluetail.com>
To:        Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
Cc:        <mi@aldan.algebra.com>, Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>, ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: erlang patch

[I hope you don't mind that I widened the reply a bit, to inform other
interested parties...]

Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it> writes:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Here is the patch. It should apply cleanly over the current port.

Jimmy,

Thank you very much for the patch, it seems to work fine, I suggest
you submit it and also state that it superceed pr:s 20401 and 19659.

 [I said was working on a R7 port]

> Will the R7A be a separate port? It would be nice to keep R6A around
> for some time to support older systems, if there are any potential
> incompatibilities in R7.

Well, I don't know. I guess if the demand is really big. But I really
don't think we need to make R7 into a separate port - it shouldn't be
backwards incompatible.

Thanks for waiting!

/Sebastian