Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:54:20 +0200
From:      "Claudiu Balogh" <claudiu.balogh@xnet.ro>
To:        "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xvidtune & Fxtv

Hi

I suggest you find out first what type of capture chipset you have (ie
BrookTree (bt878, 848 etc) or something else) and then configure your kernel
with that device (it's easy to do it, just look at /sys/i386/conf/LINT).
Reboot after installing the new kernel and see what it reports about capture
cards... If your capture device is detected, then you can make the
respective device in /dev using sh MAKEDEV. Then shoot up your favourite tv
tuner application (I guess that's fxtv, I don't know of any other for
FreeBSD).
I'm not sure how linuxvideo could help, but I will look at it for my problem
with fxtv. Thanks for the tip :)

Hope this helps,

Claudiu.