Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Popoff <nick@accelica.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>, ym g <ymg@graffiti.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which applications are using kqueue ?

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Andrew Reilly wrote:
>
> > The boa HTTP server might be as good a place to start too: it
> > doesn't fork either (except to run CGI scripts).  Actually, thttpd
> > sounds pretty similar.  I hadn't looked at it before.  Have you
> > compared them at all?
>
> Nope, but the 't' appealed to me as a good one to start with :-)

I looked at thttpd pretty closely about a year ago as a light webserver to
handle all static content for a site.  It has an excellent reputation as
being very fast and very simple.  No forking or threads... it's just built
around a select() call.  The author has some good opinion pieces up
explaining why he did it this way.

According to Netcraft it is the 6th most popular webserver on the net,
right after Zeus.  Not bad considering how under-hyped it is.  I believe
it is public domain software.

http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/