Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:17:51 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Cribbins, Jason" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

I've been in the ISP biz for about 5 years now.  POP3 is the only service I
promote to my users.  If they want to use IMAP, they're able to do so, but I
will not directly support it.

That said, I myself, will only use IMAP for mail access.  I need to be able
to read and reference my mail from anywhere, be it from my office, home,
hotel room, or a friend's house via the web.  POP3 just doesn't offer that
level of flexability.

Now, back to the topic.  IMO, email is *much* more efficient for the end
user than usenet.  I personally wish that those use run Usenet would realize
that it's a dinosaur that should be left for dead.  The only real advantage
to usenet, is that it's /much/ easier to find forums of interest.  It's also
easier for spammers to harvest email addresses :)

Anyhoo, this really isn't a point worth argument.  If you want to read the
FreeBSD lists via usenet, set up a gateway to your local news server.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short