Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:19:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <fbsd@w8hd2.w8hd.org>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Livecast... (fwd)

Greetings multimedia list-

Tim and I have been exchanging notes on icecast mp3 streaming and getting a
live streamer working.

He has sent me his alternative to liveice for streaming on FreeBSD since
neither of us has been able to get it running.. I can't make it work..

As for the sound card, anyone have any info on what card really
works well at this point for the 3.4-STABLE branch ?

Tim and I have the Ensoniq AudioPCI's running and this may be
the best of the cards readily obtainable at this time.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Tim Pozar wrote:

> I am using some generic Eqsonic <sp?> PCI plug-n-pray card.  I had
> to run 3.4 to get it to work as good drivers for this card didn't
> get put in to the kernel until last November.
>
> >From dmesg...
> es1: <AudioPCI ES1370> rev 0x00 int a irq 12 on pci0.17.0
> pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xe800
>
> >From the kernel config...
> device pcm0 at isa? port? irq 12 drq 5 flags 0x0
> device es1
>
> Make sure you did a "/dev/MAKEDEV snd1" to get /dev/dsp to point
> to the right device.

My kernel config has only:

device          pcm0

Anyone have any thoughts on this point ?

> One other thing... For some reason the mixer thinks that the volume
> for the line-in (aux) on this card is called "mic".

My setup doesn't do this..

news flash:

I just got livecast to connect and remain connected with a
Lvl: value indicating my audio level, this is unusual.

When trying to connect to the server with either winamp or RealPlayer
it actually plays a few seconds of audio, then the icecast server says
something like:

-> [20/Jan/2000:18:52:13] Kicking client 3 [10.0.0.2] [Too many errors]
[listener], connected for 51 seconds, 81836 bytes transfered. 1 clients
connected

Got liveiceconfigure.tk to run, had to change the invocation of wish
to wish8.2 ..both are installed by tk82.

The file it generated looks like this:

# liveice configuration file
# Automatically generated
SERVER localhost