Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2018 11:24:05 +0100
From:      Jan Bramkamp <crest@rlwinm.de>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS High-Availability NAS

On 19.01.18 16:19, Julien Cigar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if someone has already put in production something
> similar to https://github.com/ewwhite/zfs-ha/wiki (with two HBAs and
> two disk shelves in two chains) with ZFS, gmultipath, and NFS on top ?

I tried to build something similar, but ran into problems with
gmultipath. There are situtations in which gmultipath retries an I/O
request ad infinitum, because it can't tell the difference between
temporary errors (e.g. a link failure) and permanent errors (e.g. a head
crash). It just sees that the struct bio contains an error and retries
reactivating failed links if it runs out of active links.

Other than that it it worked ;-).