Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:41:24 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Mantzios Achilleus <mantzios@softlab.ece.ntua.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Jboss, -Xss with hotspot on -release 4.7p2

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:45:05AM +0200, Mantzios Achilleus wrote:
> I have (i think) built hotspot (core) on stable 4.7.
>
> When i run jboss 3.0.1 with  -Xss30m i get:
>
> Stack size of 30720 Kb exceeds current limit of 1024 Kb.
> (Stack sizes are rounded up to a multiple of the system page size.)
>
> I then try to use this limit with -Xss1m.
>
> When i run jboss with hotspot (core)
> i get sigbus (10).

Yeah, sounds like a stack limit problem, fairly trivial to fix. Those are
reentrant C functions being called if I remember correctly and I wonder
what's going with it and I was the person that commited that logic to the
core JVM library itself. I'll get at it after the all reworking that I'm
currently doing. I'm in the process of reading stuff both in the HotSpot
source tree, libc_r, and stuff outside of this project, so it's going to
be a bit before I can get at it.

bill