Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:09:37 +0200
From:      Oscar-Ivan Lepe-Aldama <oscar.lepe@acm.org>
To:        David Kirchner <davidk@accretivetg.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disklabel lost

David Kirchner wrote:

> (I've lost the original e-mail, so I don't recall if this is IDE or SCSI.
> Either way, you want to search partition c.)

:-) Yes, I can see that you have because in that e-mail I didn't mention
anything about the type of disk I have (an IDE), but I did say that I
have accessed the root's mbox and I have printed the df output. That was
how I have figured out that my intial guess about the size of the root
partition was wrong. The df output is:

Disk status:
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a     49583    28226    17391    62%    /
/dev/ad0s1e   5842520  4071545  1303574    76%    /usr
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

My problem now is to figure out where the ad0s1e partition starts, which
I guess is after the swap partition, which I guess is after the ad0s1a
partition for which I don't know its size.

Isn't the gpart program ment to do the above (that is, to guess where a
BSD partition begins/ends)?

Any other idea is very much welcome.

---
Oscar