Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:14:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, alpha@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/sys kernel.h

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > to clock_attach() and using the cpu clock interrupt to trigger hardclock()
> > during the device probe) and then this change can be un-reverted.
>
> Hmm. This is what I'd been thinking might be the case. However, not
> all alphas use an ISA clock. We'll see. As soon as my DSL comes back up (when
> you'll see this mail, likely) I'll update and try and see where we're at.

All platforms, including ones without an ISA clock will deliver clock
interrupts at the advertised frequency from PALcode. All we need is
something to tick the scheduler during device probes - when the real clock
attaches, we will calibrate things and install timecounters etc.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Phone: +44 20 8348 6160