Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:00:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
To:        linux quest <linuxquest7570@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Lynx and Mozilla Firefox Questions

----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: linux quest <linuxquest7570@yahoo.com>=
=0ATo: FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org=0ASent: Thursday, January 4, 2007 10:2=
2:25 AM=0ASubject: Newbie Lynx and Mozilla Firefox Questions=0A=0AI have be=
en searching for tutorials for browsing the Internet using Lynx, but can't =
seem to find one anywhere. There aren't any tutorial either in those Unix b=
ooks that I bought. What command do I need to type to download Lynx and wha=
t command I need to type to run Lynx on FreeBSD? =0A=0ASecondly, I try to r=
un firefox by typing ...=0A=0A# mozilla &=0A=0Abut ... it respond with erro=
r msg ... and yes I can connect to the Internet (I pinged google.com).=0A=
=0AThanks for any help.=0A=0ARegards,=0ALinux Quest=0A---------------------=
-------------=0A=0A(The beta version of the new Yahoo! Mail encourages peop=
le to reply at the top of the message; so please forgive the lack of symbol=
s preceding lines of the original post.  I have sent them a friendly sugges=
tion regarding this issue.)=0A=0ATo install Lynx, you can execute the follo=
wing as root:=0A=0Apkg_add -r lynx=0A=0Abut I prefer using the ports to get=
 the SSL version:=0A=0Acd /usr/ports/www/lynx-ssl/=0Amake install clean=0A=
=0AThen you can start lynx using:=0A=0Alynx <url>=0A=0AIf you go to google.=
com and enter "lynx tutorial", you'll get a list of good resources for lear=
ning lynx.=0A=0AThe command "mozilla &" is used to start the mozilla browse=
r, which is still available.  To start firefox, try "firefox &".=0A=0ABest =
of luck,=0A=0AAndrew=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A