Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:35:42 -0400
From:      Jon Parise <jcptch@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple machines in the same network

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 10:08:22PM +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> We are an ISP and we want to let our customers to put their own hardware
> into our network. But the thing we are concerned about is security of
> course. How can we protect our system from customers' machines?

In addition to the other response, you might also want to consider
a network device that can handle bandwidth limiting and/or
accounting.

At the very minimum, employ a decent switch.  That way, you'll at
least be able to disable the port should one of the colocation
boxes get attacked or something.

--
Jon Parise (parise@pobox.com)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology
http://www.pobox.com/~parise/  :  Computer Science House Member