Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:30:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        pogrose@twcny.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3CXFE574BT Support

In message: <20031224220555.1ba98b1a.pogrose@twcny.rr.com>
            Eric Pogroski <pogrose@twcny.rr.com> writes: I determined
: (in the 'BSD's) if 10/100 settings for the card were available by
: doing the following: 'ifconfig inet ep0 10.0.1.25 media 100basetx
: mediaopt full-duplex', if it exited correctly, I knew I was in good
: shape.  However, the same command under the freebsd's would generate
: 'SIOGETOPT:error' or something to that effect. Also, the ep (4) man
: page makes no reference to the ep driver having anything but 10 mbs
: settings.

Ah, I see your confusion.  The ep driver on FreeBSD hasn't been
updated to the latest media control.  It no doubt should be.  However,
I said that I had seen my '574 autonegotiate 100Mbps.  I've not tried
to set it to 100 operation.  I'll give it a try when I get back from
vacation.

Warner