Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:59:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SO misbehaving

Thanks  to  everybody  for  pointing  me back  to  the  SO  installation
instructions for the .rdb file.

Now  I  have another  problem  with  it. I  tried  to  send e-mail  with
StarMail. I specified localhost as my  SMTP server typed an SMTP address
and a  one-line content and  hit send (the little  button at the  top of
mail-frame). Now the entire soffice.bin is hung:

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
[...]
29904 mi       -18   0 55196K 28984K thrd_s   0:26  0.00%  0.00% soffice.bin
[...]

It does not repaint its window. Killing it (including -9) does not work.
The mail message never reached the sendmail-daemon.

And not only that, but `ps -ax'  hangs too! Although plain `ps' is fine.
Other programs seem to function Ok.

Swap usage  was at 70% so  I exited Netscape and  now it is at  54%. The
machine is PII-350 with 128Mb RAM and 128Mb of swap.

Something in the Linux mode/emulation?

	-mi