Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:00:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: misc/2795: Cyclades 8YO -- Not working under 2.1.6-STABLE (fwd)

The following reply was made to PR misc/2795; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To: Lewis De Payne <lewiz@netcom.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:51:38 -0800

    Actually, both 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 support the ISA card, and *neither* version
 support the PCI card. We did not fold the PCI changes into any 2.1.x release
 (including 2.1.7) because they were far too extensive and included changes
 to the devices in /dev as well (which would be a real problem for people
 trying to do simple upgrades within the 2.1.x branch). It was easier to simply
 tell people that need PCI support to get the cy_pci.tar.gz file, read the
 README, etc...

 -DG

 David Greenman