Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:17:52 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>, Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS

Just to make sure we all know what's going on:

Is someone currently tracking this thread and merging ideas into
a write-up of what features DEVFS should have, as well as its
implementation? I nice text would be fine to stick in the devfs tree to
outline this, it would help facilitate work on this project.

Chris Costello had the audacity to say:

> On Saturday, July 15, 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Ok, how about you, phk and julian throw up a list of what devfs should do?
> > I am forming some ideas on how to solve the namespace and device cloning
> > issues, we might make some forward work on this finally? :-)
>
>    I'm not Boris, phk or Julian, but I'd like to add that it
> should probably integrate the fdesc code.  Especially since I'm
> working on (and am soon going to hopefully commit) code to do
> more relatively major repairs to fdesc[1].
>
> --
> |Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
> |[1] Removing all references to DTYPE_* macros.

Coleman Kane
President,
UC Free O.S. Users Group - http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu