Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:06:07 +0800
From:      Zhao Shuai <zhaoshuai@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status <soc-status@freebsd.org>, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FIFO Optimization status 2

In the last two weeks I worked on rewriting the FIFO system using pipe
routines. Now the work is accomplished. Any comments or feedback is
welcome.

I have write several testing programs to test the new FIFO system and
the result shows that it works well. I also put attention to the
previously reported FIFO bugs and am happy to see that a well known
FIFO bug(see PR 76525, 76144, 94772, etc) is eliminated.

You can find these testing programs in my perforce branch:
//depot/projects/soc2009/fifo/fifo_test/functionality/...

More tests will be added next week.

--
Regards,
Zhao