Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:11:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86-4 and USE_XLIB

A number of ports are currently broken because onigiri is building against
the XFree86-4 library packages when USE_XLIB is enabled, and they expect
that USE_XLIB will pull in all of X (in particular, binaries - ssh is one
such casualty) - this is the case for 4.x packages also (this may be why
they havent been updated in a few days).

Aside from the fact that XFree86-4 is not yet ready to be used as the
default for package dependencies, we would need appropriate USE_XBIN
variables to deal with this before the change is made.

Kris