Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:19:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      eli@tactline.co.il
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/2656: I fail to install FreeBSD on a machine that has Win95 from the DOS Partition (panic !)

>Number:         2656
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       I fail to install FreeBSD on a machine that has Win95 from the DOS Partition (panic !)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I am not able to install FreeBSD from a DOS partition.
The system shouts about read erors or reboots itself saying panic!
Our machine has two partitions. On the first partition we have Windows 95
We reate a partition for FreeBSD succesfuly but when we try to insall a
XUser for the DOS partition it fails.
In the past we tried installing from the CD and had the same problem.
currently we have chnged the CD equipment and we are not able to install
from the CD anymore because it is not recognised by the os.
maybe there is something to do when the DOS partition is a Win95 partition?

Please help.