Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:30:12 +0100
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Instalation DVD on Lenovo R500 hangs right after start menu

As you can read in the subject I'm not succesful in booting on the
installation DVD. Default choice hangs, selecting 2 for disableing acpi
does not help

I've tried with a lot of BIOS features disabled. Unfortunately there's
no change, the machine stops at the same place every time. After the
menu it starts loading /boot/kernel/acpi.ko then it hangs. Must cycle
power to start again. Have tried all the choices in the menu, same
result. Have tried with FreeBSD 7.0 i386 and amd64, 7.1 i386, desktopBSD
1.6, same behaviour.

If you have any suggestions I'll be glad to try them out :-)

Thanks

/Leslie