Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 98 16:48:57 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Dave Marquardt" <marquard@zilker.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help finding a couple of utilities.

*From the fingers of Dave Marquardt
>"Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com> writes:
>> 1) Create a list of all of the files in a tree and then be able to make
>> comparisons against that list later (To find files that have changed and
>> by who.
>
>ls -lR

Quite true that will get a list of the files in a tree with the preface
of the directory and the the listing of that directory, unfortunately
that does not do what I was looking for.  I would need something that can
compare changes in a tree, I have heard of such a thing but just can't
track it down.

Unless you happen to have a Perl script laying around that can correctly
parse two of those output files and come up with what I'm looking for?

-Sean

Sean J. Schluntz                                    schluntz@pinpt.com
Systems Engineer                                   (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                     http://www.pinpt.com