Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:46:06 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proxying intranet to the internet Was: (No Subject)

Fernando Gleiser wrote:

> At work I need to configure a reverse HTTP proxy to control access to
> the internal web servers.
>
> Here's my setup
>
>                         Internet
>                         +-----+
>         DMZ     --------| Fw  |
>                         +-----+
>
>                         Internal LAN
>
> The idea is to install the reverse proxy in the DMZ. The web servers are on
> the internal LAN.
> Does anybody know a suitable solution for a reverse proxy?
> Can apache or squid be configured to act as a reverse proxy.
>
> Any pointers/url/answers would be apreciated
>
> Sorry for my bad english
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>                                 Fer
>
> "When I say "dogs", I'm talking about dogs, which are large, bounding,
> salivating animals, usually with bad breath. I am not talking about those
> little squeaky things you can hold on your lap and carry around. Zoologically
> speaking, these are not dogs at all; they are members of the pillow family."
> Dave Barry.

Squid will do proxy in basically any direction. The config should work
almost out-of-the-box, but you may want to use some sort of
authentication for security.

PLEASE use a more suitable topic when asking questions to
questions@freebsd.org, there are several hundred messages sent here
daily, and if you're subject isn't very descriptive your message will
most likely be overlooked. This may be a reason why you're not getting
the response you thought you would from the list, so long as you don't
put a subject on your emails, don't blame us for bad support allright ;)

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com