Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:05:39 +0100
From:      Sverre Valgeirsson <e96sv@efd.lth.se>
To:        Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports newbie questions

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 02:09:54PM -0800, Michael Collette wrote:
> Howdy,
[skip alot..]
Hi
I am thinking much the same, and have just ported ksetiwatch to FreeBSD,
but it's not yet been committed.
I have also gotten KBear to work nicely, but I've yet to make a port out of it.

Most of the applications I've looked at where developed using kdevelop
and have very similar configure scripts.

These are the steps that seem to work most of the time:
1. Replace all occurances of "-lqt" with "-lqt2" and "libqt.*" with "libqt*"
in the configure script. Do this also for any Makefile.in that you can find.
2. Set env variable MOC=/usr/X11R6/bin/moc2
3. Run the configure script with these options:
--witch-qt-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/qt2 --with-qt-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
--witch-extra-libraries=/usr/local/lib --prefix=/usr/local
4. gmake install and hope it worked..

I might have forgotten something, so if you have any trouble I'll be glad
to help.

/sverre
--
"Plaese porrf raed."
		-- Prof. Michael O'Longhlin, S.U.N.Y. Purchase