Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:07:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/5884: New port: icqjava-0.981a (net/icqjava)

>Number:         5884
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: icqjava-0.981a (net/icqjava)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

    I added this new port to the port collection. It is for ICQJava from
Mirabilis (that's a pager to look for friends on the Net, see www.mirabilis.com
for more info). It depends on jdk. I uploaded the tarball to ftp.FreeBSD.ORG
with filename pub/FreeBSD/incoming/icqjava-0.981a-freebsd-port.tar.gz, but
you can fetch it on my home page too (see
http://aguirre.dsi.unifi.it/~paterno/binaries/). The tarball is relative to
/usr/ports/net.

    BTW, the package that Mirabilis distributes has to be installed on a "per
user" base. This port fix that behaviour installing a shared copy in $PREFIX
and creating an ".ICQJava" directory to store config files in the user home
dir. The license does not talk about multi/user use. It clearly states,
however, that you cannot use it on more than one computer.

    This port uses a ugly method to build the ICQ script. Please, take a look
and feel free to suggest a better one (or fix), as I am a novice to ports.
I guess that this method will bring some problem if you try to build a package,
but anyway I set the RESTRICTED variable, so I think this is not important.
Correct me if I'm wrong.