Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 1995 11:40:12 +0200 (O)
From:      ROBIN@ptnsct.nis.za (Robin Hunt)
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with ST16C554 UARTS in release 2.0.5-RELEASE

Hi,

I have an Equinox 4 port card which I have installed in the above release
of FreeBSD, running on a 486DX/2 66 cpu with 16Meg of RAM.

I am able to get the kernel to recognise the ports, and I can talk to them
with cu -l.

However, if I try and use a baud rate greater than 9600 - I get silo overflows
by the 10's when data is received (from the modem in this case).

Interestingly enough, if I tell the kernel that there is just one serial
port (and i give it the base address / irq of the first port (0x100 3),
it works fine at 38400 with no overflows.

I have looked at sio.c, but don't see anything obvious - any suggestions?

Please send replies to robin@ptnsct.nis.za

Thanks,

robin