Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:22:16 -0500
From:      Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ?

I have an Asus Prime X370-pro and a Ryzen 7 1700 that I bought in late
April.  Make sure you have the latest BIOS for these boards or else it
will randomly freak out.

While i haven't used it much with FreeBSD, I can confirm that I had a
lot of stability issues solved with a December BIOS update on
MidnightBSD. I back ported the shared page fix and amdtemp.  (it's
basically FreeBSD 9.1)

I couldn't even get it to boot until the August BIOS update.  I've had
my box stay up at least a week, and it's my primary development box so
I'm mostly doing src/ports builds all the time on it.

If you have the latest BIOS, check the memory timings too.  It's rather
picky with some memory modules.

Luke