Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:16:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris <cs052279@yahoo.com>
To:        Tim Wilde <twilde@dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Have I been hacked?

That is the problem.  The IP addresses listed here are
real.  I have no machine with an IP of 0.0.0.0,68.  It
is going from my firewall to the inside of my
network.
It looks like something on the firewall is looking for
a dhcp server.  The IP 0.0.0.0 looks very suspicious
to me.

-Chris
--- Tim Wilde <twilde@dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Chris wrote:
>
> > 0.0.0.0,68            255.255.255.255,67    0/0
> udp
> > 9264   3044133      2:00
> >
> > This is something that concerns me since I don't
> have
> > any udp ports open incoming and I don't run a
dhcp
> > server off this box.  Does anybody know what this
> > could mean.
>
> That looks like an outgoing DHCP client request,
not
> something to do with
> a DHCP server on the box - is the machine this
comes