Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:01:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        kline@thought.org
Cc:        fpawlak@execpc.com, kline@thought.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Last Chance: BootEasy

Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> According to Frank Pawlak:
> > Gary,
> >
> > Is the Debian root partition marked bootable?  Debian fdisk my
> answer
> > that question.
> >

> 	That's worth checking!  I'll try it; but can you give me the
> 	command to type and args?   Do I, as root, just type::
>
> 	# fdisk <cr>
>
> 	?
>
> 	thanks....
>
> 	gary
Gary,

Bootup Debian, login as root, and enter fdisk <device that Debian is
installed on>.  If it is on your first drive it should be fdisk
/dev/hda1.  Don't change any partition info.  You should find a switch
to make a partition bootable.  Just do that and quite.  If you get stuck
let me know and I'll boot one of my Linux distros and check it out --
been a while since I've done that.

Sure hope that this does the trick for you.  Keep me posted.

Frank