Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:58:11 -0800
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   XJEM3288

Well my wifes old laptop finally bit the dust. My Laptop only has a
Lucent Winmodem at the moment which is not supported. I grabbed the
XJEM3288 out of the old laptop to see if I could get it running under
FreeBSD 4.0. ( I would love one less reason to make this have to boot
into win98i ). Here is what I have added to the pccard.conf file ( Got
the information from searching at htp://www.google.vom/bsd with the
search criteria being xjem3288 )

# Megahertz XJEM3288 (as modem)
# card "MEGAHERTZ" "CC/XJEM3288"
#        config  auto "sio2" ?
         config  0x2d "sio2" pio
         insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Megahertz CC/XJEM3288 inserted
         remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Megahertz CC/XJEM3288 removed

and the KERNEL has:

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
device          card
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 11 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          pcic1   at isa? irq 11 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000
disable

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          sio2

Here is what I get on boot-up

Mar 22 06:31:30 mental pccardd[44]: No card in database for "MEGAHERTZ"("CC/XJEM
3288")
Mar 22 06:31:30 mental pccardd[44]: pccardd started

TIA
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was /dev/null and *void()