Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 18:27:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apm reports wrong remaining battery life

In message <19990518162300.A26935@area51.fremont.ca.us> Michael Haro writes:
: Hi, I noticed that on my Sony VAIO 505tx apm reports 3 hours
: of total life with both the standard and long batteries.   Is
: there a way to fix this or is this just a bug in the way the VAIO
: or APM work?

It is a "bug" in the VAIO's bios.  It always says that the low cap
battery lasts three hours.  It doesn't bother to do drain based
battery life calculations in the numbers it returns from the BIOS.  To
get better numbers (like the ones that are on the power panel
application), FreeBSD would have to support ACPI.

Warner