Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:19:54 -0900
From:      Jason Neumann <lantech@gci.net>
To:        stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.2-stable hangs on boot

I have a Dell Inspiron 3800 currently running 4.1-RELEASE.

Pentium Celeron 600
64 megs of RAM
10gig hd (ATA-33 I think)

I cvsuped to 4.2-Stable a couple of days ago. The makeworld went fine,
the buildkernel went well also, but after installing the new kernel and
rebooting, the system hung at plip0. I think the hardware that comes
next is the parallel port?

Was there some code change in LPT that would cause a hang in 4.2-S?

I have cvsuped this morning and I am building the new src now. If I am
unable to get the new kernel to boot, I will fiddle with the LPT
settings.

If anyone has had a similar problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

JasonN