Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:49:51 -0800
From:      Markus =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hallstr=F6m?= <tubbs@home.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   arplookup failed

Hi

Lately a box I admin have dropped its connection a bit to often, and in
/var/log/messages I get strange errors (strange to me anyway):

Feb  8 15:00:02 xfarm /kernel: arplookup 213.89.36.1 failed: host is not on
local network
Feb  8 15:00:02 xfarm /kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for
213.89.36.1rt
(repeated over and over again)

I dont know if thats whats causing the box to drop the connection, but i
guess it is since the ip above is the default gateway at the cable isp. The
box is connected via a switch, on the same switch a win2k box runs without
this problem (on another ip, but the same isp). both boxes get their ips
thru DHCP. The connection didnt come back until reboot.

I have searched the web for answers, but the only thing i came up with is
that it might be a hardware error somewhere, someone have other ideas about
this?

sorry for my crappy english

/TUBBS