Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 08:32:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        garman@phs.k12.ar.us
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: win95 osr2 & freebsd

In a previous message, Jason Garman said:
> Has anyone installed Win95 OSR2 after FreeBSD?  I've heard bad things
> about it trashing partitions it doesn't know about, are these true?  I
> really need win95 on my machine now :-( and i definately don't want to
> lose my FreeBSD partition (so i can do actual work :-))

No, it just arogently overwrites the MBR to just point to itself. All you
need to do is re-install booteasy or OSBS. Do it from a DOS floppy however
because Win95 "protects" the MBR from viruses. I'm guessing Mr. Bill thinks
of any OS other than Win95 or NT as a virus.

--
If the good lord had wanted man to stay on the ground,
he would have given us roots.