Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:50:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        des@ofug.org
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: retiring kernfs

DES,
    I've been consider you proposal from the prospective of
Legacy maintainer/developers. One of the issue dealt with at
SVBUG is "Legacy".

    Personally, I don't use kernfs. I don't know of anyone
that uses it. And I think people would be well advised to
move on.

    However, Legacy is one of those things that cannot be
ignored. My recommendation is to have a section on the
website that specifically points out that items, such
as this, are not "Retired". Such an informational page
would help people with questions about "what happened?"
and it would help people that believe that they really,
really, really need it.

    If it would be helpful, I could help design such a page.
If not, you have my opinion.

				Best Regards,
				Jessem.