Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:51:02 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Selfstyled arrogance?

On Monday, 26th July 1999, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

>read this form of selfstyled arrogance:
>
>http://www.telly.org/86open/
>
>The common binary is Linux ELF *bwerk*
>
>Wonder who ever gave that idea body..?

We must see things very differently.  I read this and it is far from
arrogant.  Indeed, it is rather selfless, admitting that the world has
changed enough to make their organisation redundant, and their goal
either achieved through external forces, or unnecessary, depending on
how you look at it.

It's very much a dispassionate "here are the facts of this situation"
message.  The lesson in it for us is that we should concentrate even more
on Linux Binary Compatibility.  Even the stupid bits.

Stephen.