Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:54:24 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Stijn Hoop" <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: install package from pre-downloaded tgz file?

In my cvsupfile I set the environment variables PKG_TMPDIR
and TMPDIR to /usr. I thought this set those values permanently?
Are you saying these values only stay set for the duration of
the run and have to be set every time I access the FBSD cvsup
source tree?

You said "If these variables are not present or if the directories
named lack sufficient space, then pkg_add will use the first of
/var/tmp, /tmp or /usr/tmp with sufficient space."

I this is true then why did me pkg_add use /var/tmp and run out of
space when /usr has 1.7G?

Is pkg_add pkg-name -PKG_TMPDIR="/usr" the correct command format?