Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 97 09:24:55 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Rob Miracle  <rwm@MPGN.COM>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with 3COM Etherlink III PCMCIA card

> > > Really?  Rob couldn't get the CIS tuple from the 589D to be valid.

> > ze: pcmcia slot1: 3Com Corporation~3C589~TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a~000002~
> > zp0 at 0x300-0x30f irq 10 maddr 0xd8000 in isa
> > zp0: aui/bnc/utp address 00:a0:24:aa:11:a7
> > That's with the 2.2-GAMMA boot.flp.  Default Kernal boot from the menu, no

> > mods.  Looks like when I did it before (Though this time I don't have a
> > bracket to put the spare HD in my laptop to do a full install, but last
time
> > it worked great!)
>
> Are you sure this is the D card?  A C card popped in and worked great.  Of
> course we could have just gotten a bad run of cards.  We had two of them
> that behaved the same way.  We even had problems getting them to run with
> Win95.

Nope, I'm not sure of it.  Matter a fact I know it's now.  Sorry, some how I
grabed an older card off of the shelf and this one appears to be a Rev. B.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/24/97 09:24:57