Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:01:26 -0000
From:      "Luc Savard" <luc_a_savard@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   XF86_SVGA server for XFree86

I have recently installed XFree86 on my system but I cannot configure it
correctly.  The server I need for my card is XF86_SVGA which I downloaded
from your FTP site.  I uncompressed it and placed it in /usr/X11R6/bin where
it should be according to your Handbook.
After that, I ran the file xfconfig to configure it and my problem is that
when I specify that the driver I want is SVGA it doesn't seem to listen
because every time I run startx afterwards it says  "dirver (VGA)does not
support specified depth 16" or when I specify in xfcongif that I want 256
colors it still uses VGA instead of SVGA and the X window looks like crap.

So how am I suppose to configure it to tell it to use the XF86_SVAGA instead
of a stupid VGA driver
(in case you wonder, yes I got freeBSD from your site, thank you)

Thank in advance

Luc your budy