Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 00:29:18 +1000
From:      Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome-volume-control funny.

Morning all,

Gnome-volume-control uses /dev/mixer for sound card 1 and /dev/mixer1
for sound card 2.

Normally /dev/mixer is a symlink to /dev/mixer0 however in my config
I'd rather it pointed to /dev/mixer1 since I have the second sound card
connected to speakers and the first one connected to a shortwave
tranceiver.

I think Gnome-volume-control should use /dev/mixer0 rather than
/dev/mixer.

Should I report this as a bug to the Gnome people themselves or is it a
FreeBSD problem?

It's a FreeBSD 4.8 box running Gnome 2.2 cvsupped and compiled Tuesday.

Thanks,

Carl.