Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:10:30 +0100
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RTFM

On Saturday 06 January 2001 16:05, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> Hello,
> Documentation: I have two online copies of the FBSD
> handbook..
>
> 1) Came with my 4.0 CD, but in the intro it refers to
>    FBSD Version 3....
> 2) Downloaded from the ftp site, is for 4.2
>
> Is there a version on the ftp site that fits exactly
> to my fbsd release ?
>
> FreeBSD willow.raggedclown.net 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0:
> Mon Mar 20 +22:50:22 GMT 2000
> root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
>
> Thanks
> Cliff

Dear Cliff Sarginson,

Essentially, your question has already been answered.

At any rate, should you need a particular version of the handbook (or
of other source trees for that matter), you can specify the "date"
keyword in your supfile (cf cvsup(1) for the format).

Another interesting option is "i" (cf cvsup(1)). Thus you can get eg a
particular chapter of the handbook -- as of a particular date.

Cvsup rocks :-)

HTH,
Salvo