Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:57:44 -0400
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        Hal Lynch <hal@cc.usu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 CD is everything on it?

At 03:15 PM 4/8/02 -0600, Hal Lynch wrote:
>The subject line about says it all.  I heard that there were some things
>missing on the 4.5 cds .
>
>Is that true of the cd  sets from bsdmall.com?

Hal,

There were a few package omissions from the CD ISO images, so I presume
this also affects the commercial CD sets. You can, of course, download any
of the missing packages you might need. (Or simply install from the ports
collection instead of using the pre-compiled packages.)

Details about what was left out can be found in the errata:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.5R/errata.html

(Section 3 has the information you want, but reading all of it won't hurt.)

Also, Kris was correct in stating that there are many, MANY packages that
can simply not be included due to space considerations. In the case of the
missing packages that are mentioned in the errata, however, it was accidental.

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM