Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
Cc:        muthiah anand <smanand@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need about 5000 tcp connection....how to?

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Frankie Li wrote:

> I meant please do correct me if I am wrong... sorry for the
> misunderstanding...

There are some things that can't be done with threads that forking buys
you.  One thread that goes wrong is more likely to cause problems with the
server (core dumping, infinite loop) than a forked process would, and a
thread can't suid().

That said, I believe that there are times that threads may be more
appropriate than forking.